SO LONG, MR. PRESIDENT



The man I distrust the most
Is the US president
He makes all nightmares
Come true
And everyone I talked to

Before he took over

I wanted to tell you

Again

I told you so!

I know this doesn’t change much but

It’s like I said

And it might be even worse

He won’t stop

As alternative facts

Are a cozy little thing

In front of a warm fireplace

When he says you have to

Fight fire

With fire

To legalise torture

To build a wall to the neighbours

To re-invent science

To ignore climate change

To trample on the poor, on human rights,

and everyone who’s different
Maybe he’s right

In one thing

And one thing only

We all have to set fire

And spread our ideas

That come from the burning desire

To change the world

To make the world

A better, safer, healthier, happier place

But he won’t listen

He only knows the language

Of power

So let’s show him power

You, me and all the others

Who stand up and march for

Each and every

Little voice

That is endangered to go unheard

Now is the time

To do something

Big

And let me tell you

You are not alone

We are all here with you

We are all here to live and let live

So long, Mr. President.
I hope you back down soon.




J.Six 26.1.2017

Kommentare